What Is Emotional Intelligence? Why Is It Important?
Emotional intelligence is a set of emotional and social skills that collectively establish how well we:
- Perceive and express ourselves
- Develop and maintain social relationships
- Cope with challenges
- Use emotional information in an effective and meaningful way
It is a predictor of success in life and work!
Why The EQ-i 2.0?
The EQ-i 2.0 measures emotional intelligence and how it can impact people and the workplace. Applications of emotional intelligence include:
- Leadership Development
- High Potential Identification
- Succession Planning
- Organizational Development
- Executive Coaching
- Team Building and Team Performance
- Student Development
While emotional intelligence is not the sole predictor of human performance and development potential, it is proven to be a key indicator in these areas. Emotional intelligence is not a static factor â€” to the contrary, oneâ€™s emotional intelligence changes over time and can be developed in targeted areas.
EQ-i 2.0 Quick Facts:
- Globally used â€“ 8 languages, 80+ countries
- Scientific validity
- Over 300 research publications leveraging the Bar-On EQ-i and the EQ-i 2.0
- Variety of reports
- Customizable reports
- Rich feedback on every subscale with business centric language
- Unparalleled support